Where possible the Group has tried to acquire the freehold properties that underpin its businesses in both the UK and Pakistan. In addition, Real Estate has acquired predominantly commercial properties with a preference for development opportunities and properties located adjacent to existing sites.
With more than 6 million square feet of warehousing space, the portfolio is valued at c.£1 billion and consists mainly of commercial properties with some residential elements and is weighted towards London and the South East. The on-going maintenance of the portfolio and the development process are managed by an internally dedicated property team.
In recent years the Group has developed nearly one million square feet of commercial space, comprising warehouse units across the country.
Notable projects include
- Construction of a purpose built warehouse with 28 flats and 6 retail units in Hackney, London
- Construction of 90,000 square feet of warehousing and 60,000 square feet on industrial space in Edmonton, North London
- Construction of a 90,000 square foot warehouse in Medway
- Construction of warehouses in Bristol and Luton
- Construction of a small unit industrial estate in Glasgow
- Redevelopment of offices into nine flats on Finchley Road in London
- Redevelopment of offices into nine flats in Westbourne Grove in London
- Construction of a new 80,000 square foot depot in Aintree
- Conversion of existing warehouses for our own use in Brighton and Team Valley