31 August 2023
Well Pharmacy acquires 11 Lloyds Pharmacy stores in Scotland
The UK’s leading independent pharmacy chain, Well Pharmacy, has announced that it has acquired 11 Lloyds Pharmacy branches in Scotland.
The pharmacies – in and around Annan, Caol, Glasgow, Greenock, Kirkaldy, Stenhousemuir and Wishaw – will all be rebranded as Well Pharmacy in due course.
Staff at the Lloyds Pharmacy branches concerned will remain in post as part of the Well Pharmacy family.
The acquisition highlights Well’s commitment to, and confidence in, the future of community pharmacy despite some challenging times for the sector – including branch closures by other chains.
Andrew Caplan, Chief Retail Officer of Well Pharmacy, said: “We know it’s been a worrying time for staff and customers of Lloyds Pharmacy, and we’re delighted to be able to welcome these 11 pharmacies, their teams and communities to the Well family.
“We’re hugely committed to the future of community pharmacy. We know that millions of people depend on their local pharmacists for help and support on a regular basis, and that’s ever more vital as their role expands.
“As a family-owned independent business, we’re committed to delivering a great service for all our customers, and to helping our new colleagues develop their skills and build their careers with Well.”
The full list of pharmacies acquired by Well Pharmacy from Lloyds Pharmacy in this purchase is:
- 37 High Street, Annan, DG12 6AD
- 10 Kilblain Street, Greenock, PA15 1SR
- 391 Kilbowie Road, Glasgow, Clydebank, G81 2TX
- 263 Alderman Road, Glasgow, G13 3AY
- Livingstone Boulevard, Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BP
- 156 Main Street, Wishaw, ML2 7LU
- 80-82 Main Street, Wishaw, ML2 7AB
- Hallam Road, Stenhousemuir, FK5 3BF
- 2 Viceroy St, Kirkcaldy, KY2 5HT
- Kirkcaldy Health Centre, Whyteman's Brae, Kirkcaldy, KY1 2NA
- Caol Shopping Centre, Glenloy Street, Caol, PH33 7DR