The property business of Bestway Group comprises owner-occupied warehouses, their maintenance, investment properties and the development of existing and new investment and commercial properties. Today, Bestway Group's property portfolio stands at £500m.
In recent years the Group has developed nearly one million square feet of commercial space, comprising warehouse units in Leeds, Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Peterborough, Leicester, Gillingham and Durham, as well as Luton, Edmonton and Acton in London.
Palmbest is the investment property division of Bestway Group. It invests in properties in addition to those held by the Group for its business operations.
The portfolio includes prime office space, industrial estates, large warehouse units, large retail shops and residential property. These properties are located throughout the UK, including Central London. Palmbest's blue-chip tenants include McDonalds, Vodafone, NatWest, Café Rouge, Sainsbury, Post Office, Argos and Lunn Poly.
The property business maintains strong links with estate agents, surveyors, solicitors and chartered accounts to ensure a one-stop shop service for its clients.
Many of our warehouses are purpose-built. A team of professionals manages the development process in-house.
- Demolition and construction of the Hackney depot, including the temporary relocation of the cash & carry business, negotiating the exit of residential and commercial tenants, obtaining planning permission and building 14 new flats and six shops
- Construction of 90,000 square feet of warehousing in Edmonton, North London, together with a further 60,000 square feet of industrial space which was let prior to completion
- Demolition of an old chilled distribution warehouse (together with all the environmental challenges) and the construction of 90,000 square feet in the Medway region
- Construction of two separate Pet Food warehouses on spare land at our existing warehouse locations in Bristol and Luton
- Construction of a small unit industrial estate in Glasgow (now fully let)
- Redevelopment of offices into nine flats on Finchley Road in London
- Redevelopment of offices into nine flats in Westbourne Grove in London
- Construction of a new 80,000 square foot depot in Aintree on contaminated land, including the cleansing of land and a record construction time using innovative construction methods
- Conversion of existing warehouses for our own use in Brighton and Team Valley